San Diego City Attractions and History Bus Tours
Join a 2.5 hour bus tour of the San Diego museums and attractions. This is an alternative to hop-on and hop-off tours for those who want a more in-depth history and tips on visiting the museums and attractions while riding in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus.
We are the only bus tour that includes a photo stop at the scenic Sunset Cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, a drive through a prototypical 1960′s era California beach town, and an optional guided walk past the museums at the iconic Balboa Park. You will also learn about the diversity of San Diego’s communities and its people.
***As noted on the home page sidebar, I have moved on to a new challenge and thank everyone who took our tours and made them the top rated sightseeing bus and walking tours in San Diego. I can refer people who want private and group tours led by those who trained with me and continue to offer tours.***
We share history and provide tips for visiting the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum, San Diego Harbor, Maritime Museum, Coronado Bridge, Hotel Del Coronado, Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, Seaport Village, Old Town and Little Italy. Read below for a full list of attractions.
We are the only San Diego City Tour company to provide a driver and an expert tour guide so we have time to answer your questions, share more stories, tell you about local events and provide more interaction while our driver safely takes us around town.
Departs: Santa Fe Depot
Price: $35 – $38
Book early for discount.
Limit approx. 20 guests.
Expert tour guide +
Professional driver +
Comfortable bus =
More interaction &
Answering your San Diego City Tour Questions
Look for TourGuideTim signs near the water fountain (see adjacent logo).
You can also spot your tour guide wearing a white TourGuideTim visor.
Where can I park my car?
Map of Parking near the train station.
Is public transit available or is my hotel within walking distance of the train station?
Map of nearby hotels, attractions, and transit.
Is hotel pick-up available?
Hotel pick-up may be available in some areas, especially for those who may have trouble walking. Read more about hotel pick-up.
What kind of tour bus do you use?
We use comfortable, climate-controlled buses with enough room to stretch out and large windows so you can enjoy the views.
Can we take this tour on the same day as the Famous Coastal Tour?
Yes. This City Tour of our museums and attractions takes place in the morning and our famous Coastal Tour that takes you beyond the museums and attractions is in the afternoon. There is time for a brief stop at a local sandwich stop or Starbucks between the sightseeing tours.
Attractions and museums we will cover on the bus tour
Downtown San Diego
- Gaslamp Quarter, East Village & Petco Park
- USS Midway Museum and San Diego Maritime Museum
- Harbor Cruises and Haborfront Walkway
- Tuna Harbor and Unconditional Surrender
- Top of the Hyatt and Kansas City BBQ
- Seaport Village and Horton Plaza
- Little Italy
- Harbor Island and San Diego Airport
- Shelter Island and America’s Cup Harbor
- Sunset Cliffs and the Pacific Ocean
- Newport Avenue, Ocean Beach Pier, and Hodad’s
- Information on visiting Cabrillo National Monument
- State Historic Park & Stagecoach Museum
- Whaley House and Haunted Tours
- Mormon Battalion Museum & Victorian Village
- Mexican restaurants and shops
- San Diego Zoo
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum and IMAX Theater
- San Diego History Museum
- Model Railroad Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Timken Art Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art
- Mingei Internatinal Museum
- Museum of Man – Anthropology Museum
- Old Globe Theatre
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Spreckels Organ Pavilion
- International Cottages
- Auto Museum
- Air & Space Museum
- Sports Museum
- Botanical Gardens and Reflecting Pool
- Coronado Bridge
- Ferry Landing Marketplace
- Hotel Del Coronado
- Coronado Beach
- Silver Strand – Home to the Navy SEALs
We will also drive through the communities of Hillcrest and Mission Hills and past a number of military bases that we will learn about long the way.