***Gray Line Tours in San Diego ended operations on 4/30/2012***
Location: Hotels throughout the San Diego Metro area.
Tour Schedule: Most Tours Start at 8:30AM Daily; Hotel Pickup Starts Earlier
Cost: Starts at $30 for Adults ($17 and up for Children 3-11)
Features: Half Day and Full Day Tours; Complimentary Tour Pick-Up from 250 Hotels; San Diego City Tours; Mexico Tours; Transportation and Tickets for SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, LEGOLAND, Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Hollywood.
Gray Line Tour Highlights: Gray Line, the most internationally recognizable name for city tours, offers several half and full-day bus tours in and around San Diego. The half-day tours are local sightseeing tours. The full-day tours take visitors to the top attractions in San Diego such as the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, or Legoland. Additional full day tours (leaving at 7:30AM) are available to take visitors towards Los Angeles (about a 2 hours drive north of San Diego) to visit Disneyland, Universal Studios, or connect to the Hollywood Hop-on, Hop-off Tour.
San Diego City Tours
Guests are picked up at designated hotel locations on minibuses between 7:30 and 8AM and are driven downtown to meet the luxury coach bus along San Diego Harbor. The tour starts at 8:30AM and includes:
- Drive through the Gaslamp Quarter
- Drive through Coronado and a stop to visit the Hotel del Coronado
- Drive through Balboa Park
- Stop to take pictures from Mt. Soledad
- Drive along the Coast of La Jolla
- Stop to explore Old Town while waiting for mini-buses to return to hotel or for bus to continue back downtown for an optional Harbor Tour
- Gray Line also provides options for you to combine this morning city tour with other tour offerings, including travel to Tijuana Mexico and tickets for a San Diego Harbor boat cruise.
The bus driver serves as your tour guide and explains the history of San Diego, describes the attractions, and provides interesting tidbits about the area. The tour concludes at approximately 11:30AM.
Gray Line Tours offers the most daily trips to Mexico. This is a unique opportunity for visitors to cross the border and explore a different culture in a foreign land. However, due to increased violence in recent years, it behooves guests to be aware of the U.S. State Department’s Travel Warning for Mexico and decide if you are comfortable with the increased risks of crossing the border. (Read the Mexico Travel Advisory from the U.S. State Department.) Guests over the age of 15 will need to bring a passport for the tour.
Gray Line San Diego has been offering tours to Mexico for many years, visiting the border city of Tijuana and coastal resort towns of Rosarito and Ensenada.
Tijuana: The major Mexican border city of Tijuana is just 20 miles south of downtown San Diego.
- The morning tours run from 8:30AM – 2:30PM and include a 40-minute sightseeing tour of Tijuana before dropping passengers off in the Tijuana shopping district with a map and advice on finding bargains.
- The afternoon tours run from 1:30PM – 7:30PM and focus on taking visitors to the shopping district rather than take them on a sightseeing tour of the city, which is offered during the morning tour.
Ensenada: Take a brief tour of Tijuana before continuing down the spectacular Mexican coastline to visit the beach towns of Rosarito and Ensenada, where visitors will enjoy a complimentary lunch and margarita. Visitors will then have time for shopping in Ensenada before returning later in the afternoon.
Transportation & Tickets to the Major Southern California Attractions
Wild Animal Park & LEGOLAND – These major attractions are in northern San Diego County. Gray Line takes care of transporting you from your hotel to the front gate and providing you with entrance tickets. This is a convenient option for visitors staying at hotels in or near downtown San Diego, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from the parks. (Note: Guests going to the Wild Animal Park will be dropped off first and picked up first, while guests going to LEGOLAND will be dropped off last and picked up last.)
Universal Studios, Disneyland, California Adventure, Hollywood – Staying in San Diego but want to visit the attractions near Los Angeles? Let Gray Line take you on a luxury coach and arrange for your tickets so you can skip the lines.
SeaWorld & San Diego Zoo Gray Line also offers transportation from local hotels and tickets to SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo.
View all of the Sightseeing Tours with Gray Line. Tickets can be purchased online.
Find More Attractions with Similar Themes or Location: *San Diego Tours & Sightseeing* |