Location: Mission Valley (7 Miles / 15 Minutes Northeast of Downtown San Diego)
Game Times: Generally Sundays from September to December at 1:15PM (More Details Below)
Cost: Game Tickets Start at $54. Parking Starts at $25. There are Several Transit Options Including the San Diego Trolley.
Features: One of the Top Teams in the NFL with an Explosive Offense and Marquee Players.
San Diego Chargers Highlights: The San Diego Chargers have finished First in the AFC West division three of the past four years. Their exciting offense, led by several marquee players, is considered one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL. When you add in great speed on their defense and special teams, the San Diego Chargers are one of the most entertaining sports teams in America.
San Diego is also blessed with great weather most of the time. Unlike visitors to other NFL Stadiums, those in San Diego do not need to worry about cold winds or snow. Fans typically wear short sleeve clothes for afternoon games in December. (However, you should bring a windbreaker or light jacket for night games because it does cool down quickly once the sun goes down.)
Game Schedule – The standard game time for the San Diego Chargers home games is 1:15PM on Sundays. However, they are occasionally selected to play nationally televised games on Thursday, Sunday, or Monday evenings. Check out the Chargers upcoming game schedule for details.
Chargers Depth Chart – Learn the names and numbers of the starters and their backups.
- If you want shade, sit on the West side of Qualcomm Stadium near sections E & F where you will start getting shade later in the game.
- Visitors are not allowed to return to the Stadium after leaving.
- There are restrictions on alcohol purchases.
- Only small bags are allowed into the stadium and they will be inspected.
- There is a large selection of food choices. Vegetarians will be happy to know that Qualcomm received honorable mention by PETA for most vegetarian friendly stadium in the NFL.
- Smoking is only allowed in a designated area outside of Gates O1 and O2.
- The Qualcomm Stadium web site has answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
San Diego Chargers Fan Guide – The fan guide provides a very detailed look on what to expect on game day. It includes information on locations for gift shops, restaurants, and the family seating section; where to send fan mail; how to see if your kids participate in the halftime show; and notes on various policies regarding guest conduct.
Information on Attending a San Diego Chargers Football Game at Qualcomm Stadium
Ticket Prices: (Costs are Approximate)
- The San Diego Chargers Page on the Qualcomm Stadium web site includes a Qualcomm Stadium Seating Chart and Information on Stadium Policies.
- Upper Section, Family Section, and Wheel Chair Sections start at $54 per ticket.
- Endzone and View Level are $74 and $79 respectively.
- All Premium Seats are $98 and higher.
- Advance Tickets can be purchased at Qualcomm Stadium from 8AM – 5PM Weekdays and from 10AM – 4PM on Saturdays.
- You can also call Ticketmaster for tickets at 1-619-220-8497. There is an extra handling fee.
Directions from Google Maps to 9449 Friars Road in San Diego, CA 92108
Traffic – Traffic is very heavy on all roadways leading to Qualcomm Stadium. Southbound I-15 has the worst traffic so it is recommended you use other highway options such as SR-163. Plan on arriving early, have a lot of patience, or take public transportation.
Parking – Parking starts at $25 for cars and ranges up to $100 or more for RVs. You can pay extra for Inner Ring parking, which gets you closer to the Stadium.
Transit – The San Diego Chargers’ web site provides details on transit information for San Diego Chargers games. It includes details on Express Buses and the San Diego Trolley. The San Diego Trolley has a station right next to Qualcomm Stadium. (See San Diego Transit Information for details on using AMTRAK, the Coaster train, and the Trolley in San Diego, as well as information about using the online Transit Planner.)